Today the Chinatown of London celebrated its new year, even though it was this past Monday. It was fun. A bunch of us went to Chinatown, got a huge table full of (believe it or not) authentic Chinese food, and then watched the dragon- you know, the multi-person costume dragon, go from door to door of each restaurant and eat vegetables from its door signaling luck for the new year.
As to how everything else is here, its pretty good. I have finally gotten to the point where I can walk to school by myself and not get lost, at least to my UMD classes. I joined a gym and love it although I only went three times this week. I took this spin and core class which killed me completely- i say completely because normally after I work out only I know I'm dead but even my teacher came up to me after class and said 'don't worry the first class is the hardest.' so much for being in shape haha
I have come to be known as 'the girl who lost her luggage but is taking it really well' by all UMD students. Don't get me wrong, I did lose my luggage. And I like to think I'm taking it well. But when a random girl comes up to you who, by the way, already knows your name because you've been introduced before and yet PREFERS to call you the above title, I mean... come on people. My name's from the bible. Use it!
My classes are going well and seem pretty interesting. Especially anthropology. We have to choose an area of British life to become immersed in and I'm very excited to say that I have a few prospects although I'll hold off telling you until I choose. (Keep up the suspense) I start my London Met class this week which hopefully will be Politics in the Middle East. We'll see if they'll allow me to switch to that section.
My internship interview is a week from Monday and I really hope that I'll get it. It seems like an amazing opportunity to work in NGOs.
I haven't gotten to do many touristy things yet although I did go for a walk in Regents Park which is right by my apartment. It is gorgeous! I can't wait for it to be spring and for me to be able to run there all the time.
I've met a bunch of people in the program and some girls I know and I are going to Amsterdam next weekend. We're also trying to plan spring break but who knows how that'll work out haha Planning ahead does not seem to be my forte.
Miss you all but, I've got to go do some work before the super bowl tonight. Hope life in the U.S. is great!
Hey - What's the update? Have you done any more touristy things? How did the interview go?
ReplyDelete